Co-Managing Partner | London
Tom is the co-Managing Partner of Leathwaite, alongside his colleague Martha Harvey-Jones. As managing partner, he sets the firm’s global strategy and vision and works closely with the whole partnership to ensure the firm is operating and growing in line with its goals and ambitions. While responsible for driving the growth and strategy of the firm globally, Tom has a particular focus on the North America business, where he spent eight years of his career.
Prior to assuming his current role, Tom also co-led the global finance practice and our EMEA operations. He continues to actively partner with and advise clients on senior appointments across the corporate functions with a particular emphasis on alternative asset managers, including private equity firms and their portfolios, and broader financial services firms.
Tom is currently based in London, living with his husband and son, while his career with Leathwaite includes meaningful periods of time based in each of our New York and Hong Kong offices. Tom’s international experience means he brings an appreciation for and understanding of different cultures to his work; inclusivity is at the core of his leadership and day-to-day working style. Both with his clients and his team at Leathwaite, he builds honest, authentic, and robust long-term relationships, believing that empowering others and helping them be successful has a knock-on effect.
Tom is a true thought partner and advisor to his clients, using his global connections and specialist knowledge to help them secure the very best talent available.
- Joined Leathwaite in 2007 and has since worked across three of Leathwaite’s global offices (London, Hong Kong, and New York).
- Still spends much of his time working with organizations in the US, placing finance leaders.
- Graduated from the University of Sydney in 2006, majoring in history, psychology and politics.
- Financial Services
- Retail Financial Services
- Asset and Wealth Management
- Insurance and Insurtech
- FinTech and Payments
- Consumer Markets
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Industrial Markets
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Fund level leadership
- Portfolio company leadership
- Real Estate
- Professional Services
- Technology and Telecoms