Hiring executive level / partner-level legal talent and expanding a business into a new geography or practice area is an integral way of delivering on your growth strategy. However, it can also be high risk, especially in the financial services, legal and professional sectors. Make the wrong decisions, and the possible consequences for your reputation, finances and time can be devastating.
We work in partnership with global banks, law firms, accountancy firms and management consultancies, to deliver upper quartile performers who make a long-term impact. We pride ourselves on partnering closely with our clients, so that we fully understand their culture, business and strategy.
With a global track record of completing practice and market analysis projects (MAPs), as well as individual and team due diligence reports, Leathwaite is a leading executive search and consultancy firm. Our primary objective is to connect you with a richer and more diverse pool of talent, skills and thinking.
From partner appointments to executive-level general counsel appointments, our specialist consultants have an in-depth understanding of the legal and professional functions, with access to an international network of senior talent.
Our due diligence process delivers independent assurance on the technical ability, business development skills, management capability and personal attributes of the target candidates, or internal promotion talent.
We pride ourselves on our ability to conduct our research confidentially and without drawing attention to the target of the project, with a stringent process that eliminates risk, improves integration and accelerates the impact of new hires.
Our process involves speaking with three groups of sources:
- Market peers – to benchmark individuals against their competitors, and test the business case against market trends and activity.
- Client base – to collate detailed feedback on preferred legal advisors and buying preferences, as well as portability of client base.
- Former colleagues – to benchmark individuals against their colleagues, and identify management and personality issues.
- Global Head of Legal AWM – Global Retail Bank – London
- Global Head of Law Firm Relationship Management – Global Retail Bank – London
- Head of Legal & Compliance, Europe – Global Investment Bank – London
- EMEA Head of Litigation – Global Retail Bank – London
- Global Head of Litigation – Global Investment Bank – London
- EMEA Head of Equities, Global Markets Legal – Global Investment Bank – London
- Global Head of Bank Regulatory, Legal – Global Investment Bank – New York
For further information, please click here to contact our team